People buy art online – #printmaking
Original painting by Peter Bright (aka This Window).
Media: Painting and Screen Print on canvas, signed and dated 2011.
Size: 400mm x 400mm £403.56
ARTIST + S T A T E M E N T …
As an 11 year old I watched the first moon landing in 1969. I was mad about everything to do with space travel, I would read anything that was about rockets, cosmonauts and astronauts. Later in my life I shook the hand of a man who shook the hand of my all time hero Yuri Alekseyevich Gagarin, that was for me like touching history, if only secondhand (excuse the pun).
I was rummaging through old boxes of stuff and found the newspaper cutting of an astronaut on the moon – yellowed and faded – it still makes my heart flutter. I wish I’d been to the moon.
A total of twelve men have landed on the Moon. This was accomplished with two US pilot-astronauts flying a Lunar Module on each of six NASA missions across a 41-month time span starting on 21 July 1969 UTC, with Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin on Apollo 11, and ending on 14 December 1972 UTC with Gene Cernan and Jack Schmitt on Apollo 17 (with Cernan being the last to step off the lunar surface). All Apollo lunar missions had a third crew member who remained onboard the Command Module. The last three missions had a rover for increased mobility.
In it, Peter revisits images and ideas from his past and re-execute them in print and paint.’
- Printmaking – WordPress blog (sitemaps-xml.com)
- More WordPress blog examples (sitemaps-xml.com)
- Third print in exhibition #printmaking #ndevon (peterbright.info)
- Gagarin screen print – #printmaking (m4tr.co.uk)
- Moon landing. (2012, March 27). In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 17:17, March 29, 2012, from http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Moon_landing&oldid=484151447
- Apollo 11 Engines Found on Ocean Floor (newser.com)